Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally a Real Live Legitimate Blog!

Can I just say how I (the Dish) have launched into 2009 these past 2 weeks?

It started with finally creating a Facebook page. That was followed by Twitter. And now a real blog spot (this after an entire year of emails sent out to all our friends and family at C3 under the guise of a blog...)

What does all this say? First, it says that I need to repent for lying to our congregation at C3. I have been reminded by too many of you that I specifically stated (in public no less) that I will never have a Facebook page. I admit it. I lied! Ahhhh. Confession is really good for the soul.

Second, it says that being like Jesus is being out there where the people are. Whether or not you know much about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, all of you would certainly agree that His life is one that we should model. Jesus was always where the people were, and these new technologies like Facebook and Twitter are where the people are. We who claim to be followers of Christ need to follow Him to where the people are so that we can preach the Word of Truth.

Third, it says that I love to learn new things. I am convinced that those who stop learning stop growing. We should always encourage one another to move beyond where we are today. God has so much He wants to accomplish through us. Are you ready to be used by Him??

Dish Out

3 comments:

  1. yeah Randy!!! He does call us to IN the world, just not OF the world! You are now IN the electronic world with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You are now ahead of me in technology! That's not saying much though! LOL!
    Cheryl Bostick

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is.... amazing and yet super funny! haha eventually you give in like I give into my birthday cake ice cream! haha yumm... Anyways, your blog is nice and looks cool and manly! And we all love your a.d.d.ness. hahah love ya!

    ReplyDelete