Friday, January 22, 2010

Are YOU a doer of the Word?

It's one thing to know what God's Word says. It's quite another to do it. Paul would say, "What I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." After he goes through a process of recognizing the inner and outer forces diametrically opposed in his life, he concludes with a cry, "What a wretched man that I am!"

As we continue our study in James this weekend, he reminds us that we are not to "merely listen to the word," but to "do what it says." Thanks James. I wish I could get by with just agreeing with God's Word. Actually doing it is the key.

Come on out this Sunday and examine with us the steps to being a reflector of God's Word!

What a challenge but what a joy sits waiting for those who learn the art of hiding God's Word in their hearts!

Dish Out

No comments:

Post a Comment